Vacationing is necessary in order to escape the normal hum-drum of life. It can be therapeutic and fun and, if planned correctly, can provide fantastic memories to last a lifetime. The first step when you get the notion to travel would be to decide what kind of trip you want to take. We do offer great trips for Daytona Beach, New Smyrna, and Myrtle Beach, and we’re always working on adding new inventory for many other popular places like Cancun and Las Vegas. Are you a single woman wanting to take a girls only trip to Sin City? Are you looking forward to dropping the kids off with the grandparents and escaping for a nice, romantic beach retreat with your wife? Do you want to include the whole family and head on down to the most Magical place on Earth? If it’s the latter location you’re most interested in traveling to right now, you can find great Orlando Florida vacation package deals here at Staypromo.com!
Believe it or not, Orlando is on the list for one of the most traveled to destinations with over 50 million visitors every year (and growing), and it’s no wonder! Orlando’s specialty is catering to its tourists and travelers, so it’s always improving by adding new rides, new theme parks, new restaurants, attractions, resorts, etc. Needless to say, whether it’s been 1 year or 10 years since you’ve been to Orlando, there will be lots of new sights to see!
Below is a list of the top 10 things to remember for your next trip to Orlando. Keep this is mind next time to you come down on one of our Orlando Florida vacation package deals. You (and your wallet) will be glad you did!
- Pack the Sunblock – They don’t call Florida the “Sunshine State” for no reason. Even if you’re planning a trip in the middle of winter chances are it will still be sunny and nothing ruins a vacation worse than a nasty sunburn. Nobody wants that as a souvenir! Worst case scenario you keep it in your bag or the kid’s backpack and tote it around, it is definitely way better than needing it and not having it and having to pay $7 on just one little tube of it. If you’re staying at a hotel with a fridge and cooking elements, you may also want to stock up on some snacks and toiletries. Purchasing these at a drugstore or supermarket prior to getting to the hotel will help you save a bundle.
- Budget for Souvenirs – Speaking of souvenirs, Orlando is full of great stores and there’s plenty of shopping to do. Many stores, especially the outlet malls, offer designer names with huge discounts, so if you’re looking for a new Coach bag or Lacoste Polo shirt, you can find them here. There’s also gift shops with goodies, like coffee cups, picture frames, shirts, etc. with all your favorite characters on them. It’s easy to spend hundreds of dollars on an impulse, since you won’t find lots of the items anywhere else, but if you can expect it, you can plan for it, and that will save you money. Decide on a set amount you’re willing to set aside for souvenir shopping and stick to it! Maybe make the kids do chores to earn their own money for the vacation a month or so before you’re due to come down. That will ensure you are all able to get memorable tokens on your trip here and still have plenty for the rest of the things you want to do here.
- Go to the Beach – No matter where you are in Orlando, you’re never more than an hour away from a beach. Florida offers SO MANY beautiful sandy beaches and it’d be a shame to go all the way to Orlando and not visit the beach at least once, even if it’s only for a couple of hours. You can head over to Cocoa Beach and check out the largest Ron Jon’s Surf Shop and Cape Canaveral where the Kennedy Space Center is located or spend a few hours in Daytona Beach where you can check out the Daytona Lagoon Water Park or Angell & Phelps Chocolate Factory. They offer free tours of the facility which includes information on the chocolate-making process, so that would be something educational for the kids and did I mention FREE CHOCOLATE?! You could also rent a surf/boogie board for the kids or try your luck with some fishing at the Daytona Beach pier. Of course, if you’re looking for something a bit calmer you could just roll out a towel and enjoy the relaxing sound of the waves for a little while. If you want to enjoy a great meal by the beach head on over to Coconuts on the Beach in Cocoa Beach. They have an outdoor deck with live music on the weekends and offers a wide selection of tropical drinks and some of the best mahi-mahi tacos in the state. You can check out our specials for Daytona Beach or New Smyrna Beach, too!
- Venture Outside the Norm – Of course anytime people hear “Orlando” they think “Theme Parks”, and while Orlando is well known for its great amusement parks (there’s dozens of theme parks and water parks in Central Florida, some better known than others – Legoland, Volcano Bay, Gatorland, HolyLand Experience, FunSpot, etc.), but it also offers a wide variety of other attractions. There is literally something for everyone. Want to take part in a Zombie Apocalypse? Want to enjoy an air boat ride? How about a hot-air balloon or helicopter ride? If you’re looking for something a bit more relaxing you can also enjoy, like a wine-tasting tour or a round of golf, rest assured you can find it here or within a short drive’s distance. Now, if you are going to be visiting any of the major theme parks in the area through an Orlando Florida vacation package deal, make sure to take a fully-charged phone or digital camera. You will want to take a photo of your parking lane and a clear photo your ticket(s), the front and the back, in case you lose them. You may also notice when you walk in the hoards of people go in and go left and work their way clockwise, so consider turning right.
- Don’t Forget the Camera – Most people carry their smartphones with them, and enjoy snapping photos of their trip while they’re out and about. They post it on their favorite social media site to share with their family and friends, and that’s great, but what happens when the battery dies or if you drop your phone? You may lose the chance to capture precious memories. Orlando has LOTS of great photo opportunities, too. It is always a good idea to have a back up plan. Purchasing a disposable camera, or a pack of them, before your trip is an easy way to take some good, old-fashioned photographs. If you have children you could even give a camera to them (write their name on it, so you don’t lose track of which one belongs to who) and find out what they enjoy taking pictures of. Let it be a surprise! It’s a great bonding experience for you and everyone else in your party. You will be able to go to the store and get the photos developed when you get home. It’s a great way to prolong the vacation experience and add to the fun because you won’t know for sure what the photos will look like (no deleting here!) and there will probably be a few that will be sure to give you a good laugh even after the trip is over.
- Don’t Come Here On a Diet – Orlando has every type of cuisine you can imagine – Italian, Japanese, Brazilian, Chinese, and Greek just to name a few – and while you could spend your vacation munching on various salads, you will have WAAAY more fun trying out new foods, indulging in extravagant desserts, and maybe even checking out a dinner show or two (Side Note: This NEW Promo for StaySky Suites Includes 4 days and 3 nights AND 2 Adult Dinner Show Passes for just $59 Total!). Now, if you do plan on coming down on a diet be prepared to watch everyone else slurp down sugary drinks and other treats (it won’t be easy, and you may end up regretting it). You can always start your diet when you get back home.
- Make Breakfast Count – This isn’t an exclusive tip for Orlando. This can help for any vacation. Stay at a hotel that includes breakfast with the stay and make sure to eat a big breakfast. Load up on muffins, eggs, bacon, cereal, and whatever else the hotel offers. If it’s a “Grab and Go” type of breakfast, maybe grab a couple extra and keep them in your bag for a snack to nibble on later. This may allow you to save a bit by skipping an expensive lunch out and give you a little more time to explore the nearby attractions or lounge by the pool.
- Check the Weather – Depending on the time of year, you can normally get by with jeans or shorts and a t-shirt. The winter months (December to February) you may need to pack a sweater or jacket. You won’t usually encounter temperatures under 50 degrees. You will also need to keep an eye out for rain. If you’re keeping a backpack or bag with you, you may want to buy a small umbrella to keep on you just in case. Afternoon showers occur pretty frequently, but they don’t typically last too long. The umbrella could also help to shade you from the sun’s rays. If a thunderstorm is in the forecast, consider staying indoors or enjoying indoor activities. Parks will shut down their rides if there is lightening in the area. Keep an extra bottle of water on you, too, on days that are above 90 degrees.
- Book for a Shorter Stay – A lot of times people think that a vacation to Orlando has to be a full week. Seven days to try to squeeze in all the parks and restaurants and shopping and sights, nothing but go go go! A whole week in Orlando could really wear a family out. When looking into Orlando Florida vacation package deals, consider this for a moment: The retail rate for a decent hotel in Orlando can run up to $200 per night, so it may be better to shorten your stay by 2 or 3 days and use that money towards something fun for the family, something you can only do here. That extra money you’d pay for a couple nights at a hotel could easily give you an extra day at one of the major theme parks or maybe a couple nights at the beach to unwind before heading home. Alternatively, you could also put that extra money towards on of your next Orlando Florida vacation package deals here.
- Have fun – A vacation is supposed to be fun and relaxing. It’s supposed to offer friends and family a chance to spend time together, explore attractions and destinations, and learn new things about themselves and each other. It’s important not to overdo yourself, you may want to consider spending your last day by the pool, otherwise you will need a vacation from your vacation and that could get expensive.
If you want to visit Orlando and are looking for a way to save a ton of money, you should check out our Orlando Florida vacation package deals on the StayPromo Orlando page.We can help you save up to 80% off the cost of your accommodations. You will save hundreds of dollars in exchange for a short 2-hour tour of the hosting property where they will also give you some information on the benefits of vacation ownership. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1 (888) 407-3849 (Mon-Fri 9AM-4PM EST) or email us at email@example.com. If you want to keep up with new promos you can also like us on out StayPromo Facebook Fan Page. We update our page frequently and run promotions all the time.