Taking a vacation can be expensive. Even a short weekend getaway can cost a few hundred dollars, especially if you want to stay anywhere decent. A typical chain hotel can run up to $150 per night, after a couple of nights and a few meals out you may be wondering where all your hard-earned money went. That’s why it is a good idea to invest in cheap vacation packages that offer a good deal in exchange for 2 hours of your time to show off the property and explain the benefits of owning a timeshare or being a member of a travel club. Now, it’s important to keep in mind that “cheap” doesn’t always mean sub par. You can find really good deals on vacation packages if you know where to look, and you may be surprised to find out that you can stay at hotels that are even better that what you’re used to.
So, first, let’s cover the basics. What is a Timeshare? A timeshare allows a person to own the rights to stay, for a designated period of time (generally a week), at a shared property. Each timeshare unit at the property is part owned by a person for a week at a time, so, in theory, every unit can have 52 owners, one for each week of the year. Not only does a timeshare give you rights to a certain week a year, you can also trade your timeshare with the exchange company, to stay for a different time or a different place. There is generally an initial investment required upfront, maybe a few thousand dollars, and then a nominal monthly fee. The two top timeshare exchange companies in the world are Resorts Condominiums International (RCI) and Interval International (II). Obviously there’s no obligation to purchase or join anything on these tour vacation packages, but it may be something you are interested in and may benefit you if you’re able to travel with it. Many people own Timeshares and use them regularly as the main way to travel with their families every year!
Now, of course, the resorts know that only 1 out of 10 people that tour their property will end up purchasing into the plan, so their real purpose of offering these great rates is….ADVERTISING.
There are a lot of times throughout the year that hotels and resorts will offer their rooms to travel agencies, like us, at a steep discount (Up to 80% off!), to help get the word out about the properties and fill up the rooms. It works like this, you spend just 2 short hours of your stay previewing the property, getting familiarized with where everything is, listening to tidbits about the property, see what your pricing options would be if you were interested in purchasing, and then it’s over and you get to save a lot of money on your trip.
There are many benefits for taking advantage of cheap vacation packages from StayPromo.com. Below is a list of 5 Reasons you can and should travel this way (and tell others to, too)!
- Bonus Incentives – Since the main goal when offering steep discounts on hotel accommodations is to fill up the rooms and get some referral business coming in, hotels sometimes offer extra incentives, like passes to nearby attractions, complimentary room upgrades, dining vouchers, etc. Not every deal has an added incentive, but if it does, it will end up helping you save even more money on your vacation!
- Flexibility – Most of the time, when traveling on cheap vacation packages you will find that there is a certain time frame to book, usually 12-18 months, and within that time frame, you can travel whenever you want. This is a HUGE benefit. We typically find that holidays and peak seasons are difficult to book, either the rooms are sold out or they cost too much to make it worthwhile. With most vacation package deals, we are given the rooms, set aside, for priority reservations, so not only does purchasing a package lock you in at that special discounted rate, it also helps ensure you have the room for the dates you want (provided that you give proper advance notice).
- Exotic Locations – StayPromo is based out of Orlando, Florida, so it makes sense that we focus on helping the Florida tourism thrive. We had almost 126 million visitors for 2018! With that being said, we also have many other destinations we promote, too, like Myrtle Beach, and Branson. We’re always searching for new, exciting locations to offer our travelers. We’re currently reaching out to other properties in places like Costa Rica, Cancun, Vegas, and even Thailand!…(SIDE NOTE: Like Our StayPromo Facebook Fan Page To Be The First To Hear About New Promos!)
…(HUGE UPDATE: We now have Vegas and Cancun Available)…
The point is, vacations can cost thousands of dollars, so looking online for cheap vacation packages will not only help you save money, but you may even find a location you would really enjoy, but maybe never even considered because of how expensive the resorts and airfare are. If you can save 80% on your hotel stay, there is no excuse not to go.
- Membership Opportunity – Now this is a benefit only if you take advantage of it. Joining a timeshare or vacation club can provide big savings. Becoming a member of a travel club or timeshare company can offer incredible perks, like discounts, earn points, friend/family referral bonuses, etc. Many that buy into the program offered on these package deals, people that travel every year (or every other year) around the same time of year and use their membership end up loving it, but if you are more of a spur-of-the-moment kind of traveler, you may want to weigh your options and maybe stick to these cheap vacation packages.
- Save Money – Everyone likes to save money, so why spend 3 or 4 times more for the same exact thing? It just doesn’t make sense. Let’s do some math, normally a three night stay at a hotel in Orlando would run around $130-$150 per night and 2 Tickets to SeaWorld Aquatica would currently cost $120, so for just 3 nights and 2 water park passes you’d be paying OVER $500, and you’d still need to eat, shop, and visit other attractions in the Orlando area. However, with StayPromo, you can get 3 nights in the Calypso Cay Resort which has an onsite waterpark included for everyone in the party for every day of your stay! It also has rock-climbing, zip-lining, 3 heated pools and free shuttles to all 3 major parks, starting at just $139. As you can see, the savings you can get with cheap vacation packages is real.
These timeshare deals are a great way to take your family on an affordable vacation. Even if you have no intention of buying into the program, these resorts and hotels are fully confident that you will enjoy your time here and the property and at least spread the word about your vacation and where you stayed. This is a literally the best way to get new visitors, referral business, and advertising. These deals end up being a huge win-win for everyone!